Animal, Vegetable, Miracle Chapters 16-20

Monday, March 21, 2011
I found the last couple of chapters in Animal, Vegetable, Miracle to be very enlightening. She spends some time analyzing the issue of childhood obesity and how nowadays with all the junk in the food industry, we must raise our kids to be knowledgeable of all of the things they are putting into their bodies. I also loved how the author had a pet turkey who had such a funny personality and would even blow air kisses to her mate! Just like Mrs. Collier and Barbara Kingsolver, I want to have some sort of animal I can rely on to provide some food because I think that being more aware of what America is eating as a whole could ultimately lead to change in the food industry as a whole.
Lastly, I loved all of the little recipes that were sporadically spread throughout the book. It provided diverse ways of eating both healthy and organically. (:

Larissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment